Just like December is a great month to stock on baking goods and canned pumpkin, late June/early July is the best time to stock up on BBQ supplies.
Check your local sales circulars for deals on:
- Paper plates, cups, napkins and tableware
- Condiments – ketchup, mustard and mayo
- Potato chips
Also on sale this week are hamburger and hot dog buns and meat – although I haven’t seen kosher meat on sale. Maybe those of you in bigger markets can tell a different story.
And look for 4th of July perishable items at deep discounts, including corn on the cob and watermelon.
When seasonal items hit their rock bottom price, it’s time to stock up, so you never have to pay full price again.
Remember the three rules of stockpiling?
- Buy in advance – buy when it’s on sale, not when you “need” an item (and inevitably will have to pay full-price)
- Buy in bulk – buy enough to get you thru until the next big sale
- Buy at the rock bottom price – check the Kosher on a Budget Coupon Database for coupons. Stacking coupons with sales is the best way to maximize your savings.