Last week I posted an interview with the wonderful Aviva Kanoff, author of the No-Potato Passover cookbook. Today I’m excited to share with you one of Aviva’s personal favorite recipes from her cookbook — Coconut Crusted Chicken with Plum Dipping Sauce.
If you’re looking for a fun recipe for Chol HaMoed Shabbat, or any night during Pesach, you’ll want to add this one to your Passover menu plan!
And be sure to pin it to your Passover Pinterest board, so you can save it for later.
Coconut Crusted Chicken with Plum Dipping Sauce
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts, sliced into long, 1″ thick strips
- ½ cup matzo cake meal or potato starch
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups shredded, sweetened coconut
- 6 tbsp. canola oil
Plum Dipping Sauce:
- 5 ripe plums, diced
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cardamom
1. Beat eggs and put aside
2. In a separate bowl, combine cake meal and shredded coconut
3. Dip chicken in egg mixture and then cover in coconut crumbs
4. Fry in oil, approximately 3 minutes per side (depending on thickness of chicken), until golden brown
5. In a small saucepan, combine plums, lime juice and sugar and bring to a boil. Then, cook for 10-15 minutes until plums soften
6. Let cool and add cardamom and cinnamon
7. Serve chicken with plum dipping sauce at room temperature
If you’re looking for some new Pesach recipes, be sure to check out Aviva Kanoff’s No-Potato Passover: A Journey of Food, Travel and Color, available on Amazon for $29.99.