Ibotta is a new (to me) app that lets you earn money while you shop with your iPhone or Android.
Just sign up for an account and download the app to your phone and head out to a participating store where you do your normally shopping – and get paid for it.
Plus for a limited time you will earn a $5 bonus when you redeem your first offer. (Expired)
Here’s a bit more information on how Ibotta works:
- Look through the offers and pick the ones that your family uses – you can even increase the value of the offer by answering trivia questions, taking polls or watching videos (none of these take more than a few seconds)
- Head out to the store to do your regular shopping – right now Walgreens, Walmart, Target, and Duane Reade are included, more are being added rapidly
- Under offers, find the offer that you want to redeem and tap it – you will see a bar code in the upper right corner. Scan the product to double check you have the right one, then purchase your items and hang on to your receipt
- When you get home, open the Ibotta app and upload your receipt (there are instructions on the main menu)
- Your receipt will be approved quickly and once you have $5 in your account, you can deposit the money into Paypal – or choose to donate it to your school. How cool is that?
Don’t forget: If you sign up for Ibotta now, you will earn a $5 bonus – so you can start depositing money into your Paypal account almost immediately.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of my Favorite Smartphone Apps.