Calling all Android phone / tablet users: Right now at Amazon, you can get a FREE $5 credit to the app store when you buy any app (even free ones).
There are a few steps to follow, so be sure you do these in order.
If you’re new to the Amazon App Store:
2. Open Applications or Security to navigate to the “Unknown Sources” setting option (Android requires that Unknown Sources are enabled for non-Google apps)
3. Click the checkbox and tap OK on the confirmation popup
4. Download any app or game from the Appstore. (Yes, even a free one.)
5. Enjoy! We will send you a confirmation via email once the credit is added to your account. Most credits are applied within a minute, but processing may take up to an hour.
If you’re already an Amazon App Store customer:
In order to qualify for the credit, you need to update to the newest version of the Amazon Appstore. You should be prompted to upgrade when you open the Appstore. If you aren’t prompted, please follow these steps:
1. Find and open “Amazon Appstore” on your device.
2. Go to “Settings” > “Version and Release Notes” to ensure you have version 7.5 or greater of the Appstore. If you have an earlier version of the Appstore, please tap “Check For Update”.
3. Once you have the latest version of Appstore installed, download any app or game from the Appstore. (Yes, even a free one.)
4. Enjoy! We will send you a confirmation via email once the credit is added to your account. Most credits are applied within a minute, but processing may take up to an hour.
The $5 promotional credit expires on March 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM PST. It can only be used to purchase eligible digital products through the U.S. Amazon Appstore and may not be combined with other offers.
Let us know what free apps you find to download, so I can update this post!