Yay! Staples is running is annual FREE batteries promotion again!
FREE is good, but here’s how to make the deal even sweeter:
- Click through a cash-back site like ShopAtHome, which is offering 2.5% cashback at Staples right now (linked above as well). You can also click through Ebates, which has 2% cashback.
- Add two packages of batteries to your cart (the limit per household is two). The AA are #581672 and the AAA are #618854. Just plug those numbers into the search box.
- Proceed to check out – you will pay $28.58 plus tax.
- Your shipping will be FREE, no code required, thanks to the Staples free shipping week promotion – plus, your batteries will be delivered in one business day!
- Get $28.58 back in Staples rewards.
- Then, within a month, get another $.71 credited to your ShopAtHome account – it’s not a lot, but why leave FREE money on the table?!
- You can also use this $5 off $25 coupon to lower your initial out of pocket, but keep in mind that Staples Rewards will only equal your after-coupon total (so no money maker with this coupon).
You must have a Staples Rewards account (sign up for one here) to get your rewards credited to your account. Rewards are like ECBs at CVS – they are money that you can use at Staples only. They typically take 30-60 days to get processed.
By the way, you can also do this deal in the store, but you won’t get the cash-back. And since shipping is FREE, I am all for getting my free batteries from the comfort of my couch!