Calling all iTunes users, right now you can download the new Hooked on Phonics Big Reading Show Preschool App for free.
Hooked on Phonics’ The Big Reading Show is an exciting musical extravaganza. It’s also a Kindergarten-readiness learning program designed to focus systematically on a wide range of Foundational Reading Skills
Every episode is a preschool topic adventure that highlights two letters of the alphabet. The adventures then present words—some simple and some advanced—that begin with these letters within the context of a musical variety show
The episode’s interactive games further explore letter names, letter sounds, rhyming, tracing and other Foundational Skills children need in order to be Kindergarten-ready.
Along the way, the many music videos and stories showcase an even broader range of pre-reading skills. This includes:
• Understanding basic features of print
• Associating letter names and shapes
• Recognizing and naming upper- and lower-case letters
• Recognizing spoken rhyming words
• Recognizing own name
• Engaging in literary experiences, including stories and poems
• Understanding new word meanings
• Naming items in common categories
There are 13-episodes per season — the first episode comes for free with the app.