If you follow any other frugal blogs besides KOAB, I’m sure you’ve already read about the *hot* Groupon deal for Barnes & Noble. (Does these other bloggers not have homework and dinner time to contend with?!)
Right now, you can buy a $20 Barnes & Noble voucher for just $10 – giving you half-off clearance on anything you want to buy ($20 and under) at the store or online!
Today only, Groupon “affiliates” – of which KOAB is one – get to promote this deal. Then tomorrow, the deal will go live on the Groupon site, and stay there until Monday – or until the vouchers are sold out. I have a sinking suspicion that this won’t last until Monday – in fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if it sold out tonight!
Now what all this affiliate stuff means to you is that when you log into your Groupon account, you won’t be able to pull up this deal any other way than by using this link. So, all that said, here are two ways to get your voucher:
**Order Through KOAB**
- Sign up for a Groupon account if you don’t already have one – it’s free, of course
- Click here for the $20 B&N voucher and press the big green Buy Now button
- Once the deal goes live on the Groupon site tomorrow, you should be able to see the voucher in your account and print it out to use at the store or online
**Order Through Swagbucks**
If you have a Swagbucks account, you can get an even sweeter deal on this B&N Groupon (and yes, by doing it this way, I don’t get my “affiliate commission” – but hey, I’m all about saving you money, so I’m good with that!) Here’s how it works:
- Log into or sign up for a Swagbucks account (if you’re new to Swagbucks, you can read more about my favorite rewards search engine here)
- Look for the above ad on the Swagbucks homepage and click it! (The ad should be dead center on the Swagbucks home page and there are four rotating images, so if it doesn’t come up right away, just wait a couple of seconds.)
- The links will open another window, through which you can order your voucher.
- Pay your $10 and wait ’til tomorrow to see your Groupon in your account, just like above
- **BONUS** You Earn 315 Swagbucks just for doing it through Swagbucks! That’s about 2/3rds of the way toward the $5 Amazon gift card (which “costs” 450 Swagbucks), so think of it as a $3.50 discount on your B&N voucher
I know this is a bit convoluted, so please let me know if you have any questions!
Fine Print: Must be used by April 10, 2011, or the remaining face value will be reduced by $10.