For a limited time, Amazon has dropped the price on their best selling Kindle Fire HD 7″, Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB to just $159 with FREE two-day shipping.
That’s a saving of $40 or 20% off the regular price — and it now matches the price of the non-HD version! We were thrilled during Black Friday to get a $20 or $30 discount on the new version — so this roll-back is a BIG deal!
As far as my personal take on the HD: I’ll tell you that we like our non-HD version just fine, but I’m so tempted by this deal as the screen display with HD is really in a different league. (Plus, then my kids could get the old one and this one would be mine… Oh, I see a justification in the making!)
- 1280×800 HD display with polarizing filter and anti-glare technology for rich color and deep contrast from any viewing angle
- Exclusive Dolby audio and dual-driver stereo speakers for immersive, virtual surround sound
- World’s first tablet with dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi for over 35% faster downloads and streaming (compared to the iPad mini)
- High performance 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor with Imagination PowerVR 3D graphics core for fast and fluid performance
- Over 23 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, audiobooks, and popular apps and games such as Facebook, Netflix, Twitter, HBO GO, Pandora, and Angry Birds Space
- Integrated support for Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! and more, as well as Exchange calendar, contacts, and email
- Front-facing HD camera for taking photos or making video calls using Skype, Facebook, and other apps
- Free unlimited cloud storage for all your Amazon content
Plus, remember, new Kindle Fire owners get 500 Amazon Coins (worth $5) to spend on Kindle Fire apps and games.
If you have children, you may also want to sign up for the free one-month trial for Kindle Free Time (it comes pre-loaded on all new Kindles) – Here’s my review of this all inclusive kids’ app.
Amazon pricing can change on a dime, so please confirm prices before you check-out.