With the $1/2 Puff Pastry coupon earlier this week, I’ve had puff pastry on the brain!
And while I’m sure all of us have made our share of deli rolls with puff pastry, this versatile yumminess (which admittedly is not the healthiest stuff in the world) can be used for so much more. Like check out this collection of puff pastry recipes from Pepperidge Farms.
So, I thought I’d dedicate this recipe exchange to puff pastry. Here is one of my favorite things to do with puff pastry.
Parmesan Cheese Straws
From Simply Southern with a Dash of Kosher Soul
- 1 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large eg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese (we used the Mexican cheese blend from Costco)
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to be approximately 18 x 12-inches.
3. Beat together egg and water and brush pastry sheet.
4. Mix cheese together and sprinkle over the egg washed pastry.
5. Press the second pastry sheet on top of the cheese mix and press them together (you can use a rolling pin to really tighten it).
6. Trim the edges (they’re good to eat, too – just not as pretty) and cut patstry into 1/2-inch wide strips.
7. Twist each strip into a spiral.
8. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Do you make something delicious out of puff pastry? Please share your recipes (and/or a link to them) in the comments section!