Here is one of my favorite things to do with puff pastry — make quick and easy cheese straws.
Parmesan Cheese Straws
From Simply Southern with a Dash of Kosher Soul
- 1 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large eg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese (we used the Mexican cheese blend from Costco)
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to be approximately 18 x 12-inches.
3. Beat together egg and water and brush pastry sheet.
4. Mix cheese together and sprinkle over the egg washed pastry.
5. Press the second pastry sheet on top of the cheese mix and press them together (you can use a rolling pin to really tighten it).
6. Trim the edges (they’re good to eat, too – just not as pretty) and cut patstry into 1/2-inch wide strips.
7. Twist each strip into a spiral.
8. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Do you make something delicious out of puff pastry? Please share your recipes (and/or a link to them) in the comments section!