Calling all Amazon shoppers! Today’s the Day to score an Amazon Prime membership for the lowest ever price, regularly $99. This sale is for NEW members to Amazon Prime only. The sale ends at 11:59 p.m. PT. today 9/25/15. If you — or your mom or your husband or your across-the-street neighbor — wants to get in on the Amazon Prime action, this is your/their opportunity! A year and a half ago, Amazon raised the price of an Amazon Prime membership from $79 to $99 — so this ONE-DAYS SALE is even lower than the original price of a Prime membership. I think this one-year membership to Amazon Prime is an awesome, awesome deal — if you’ve been on the fence, this may be just what you need to “take the plunge”. If you’re wondering whether Prime is “worth it” for you, you may want to read through what I wrote 18 months ago (or so), when Amazon rose the price of Prime to $99. And keep in mind that you’ll pay be paying one-third less:
What I love about Amazon Prime
- I order frequently from Amazon and the free shipping that comes as Prime benefit is still definitely worth it to me — even at $99, and definitely at $67 per month (that’s just $5.59 per month)
- I actually find that I spend less by shopping online than I do in the store. I can NEVER go in to Target and not get at least one thing that’s not on my list. Yesterday it was three gift bags that were marked down 50% off to $1.29 each. It was a great deal, but that was $3.90 that I wasn’t planning on spending. I almost never have those kind of “check out add-ins” when I shop online.
- We use Amazon’s video service frequently. As in daily. It’s one of the ways we are able to “live without” cable. (Said in quotes because after many years of living cable-free, it’s really not a tircha.) If I canceled Prime, I’d probably end up getting Netflix, which would run me $96 per year. And I wouldn’t get free two-day shipping with Netflix!
- I am a Kindle owner and with Amazon Prime, I get one free Kindle loaner book a month. I’ve take advantage of five of these “loans” in the last 12 months, saving me $23. Yes, $3 more than this increase.
- For music fans, Amazon is getting ready to roll out a music streaming service like Apple’s iTunes Radio.