This is just a quick reminder that as you’re packing up your kitchen tonight, this is the best time to start your notes for NEXT YEAR’S PESACH.
I make a note in either Evernote or Google docs, and then link to it in my Google calendar on next Purim. That way, right when my brain is getting ready to think Pesach again, I’ll have all my notes ready and waiting for me.
If this is the first year that you’ll be keeping notes, here are some of the things I like to jot down:
- Which recipes worked (chocolate marshmallow clusters!)? Which ones flopped (none this year, thank goodness)?
- What unopened food stuffs did I pack away for next year (2 boxes of potato starch, unopened ground cinnamon, etc.?
- How many dozen eggs did I go thru (8 dozen this year – it was a “light” year!), how many tubs of Temptee did we use (3, but buy 4 to be safe), etc.
- Which “plagues” I need to replenish (like these, which we used for “wild beasts” and were a huge hit with my daughter!)
- What my new target prices are on certain items — since this was our first year in Cleveland, I had to adjust my previous price list.
Did you leave yourself Pesach notes yet? What’s on your list?!