It’s been a long time – A VERY LONG TIME – since I’ve hit both CVS and Walgreens in the same week. The thing about stockpiling is that you go all out for a while and then – if you’re like me, at least – you reach stasis and just sort of cruise for a while.
But this week was the toilet paper deal at CVS. And toilet paper is like a thorn in my coupon-shopping side. I never seem to get the best deal on it, and, frankly, it gnaws at me.
Supremely motivated by that cheap TP, I headed out – in the middle of a snowstorm. And once I was already at CVS, I figured I’d head across the street (convenient, eh?) to Walgreens to pick up the Special K and Nature Valley granola bars.
It ended up taking two trips to Wags (grrrrr!), but here’s how I did:
(6) boxes of Kleenex (my store was out of the 3-pack boxes, so the manager told me he’d sub six regular boxes… another reason I *heart* CVS!) ~ $1 each, used (2) $0.50/3 Kleenex Facial Tissue
(1) Reese’s minis – what? You can see it in the picture? Hmmm… that’s funny, I wonder why? – FREE after ECBs
(1) Dove bar – Better than FREE after ECBs and the $.50/1 coupon that the Magic Coupon Machine spit out
Total OOP: $3 (I had a lot of ECBs to roll), plus I earned $10 in ECBS for my next trip
(2) boxes of Special K ~ 2/$5, Get $2 in Register Rewards, used Buy One Get One Free Coupon here
(5) boxes of Nature Valley granola bars (aka Kiddy Krack) ~ 2/$4, Buy 5, Get $3.50 in Register Rewards, used (5) $.50/1 coupons found here
(2) boxes of 100-ct Ziploc bags ~ 2/$5, used $1/2 coupon in the 12/5 Smart Source insert
(1) Cinnamon shaker ~ Clearanced to $.59, used as a filler with my granola bars (I promise to explain more about fillers and Wags in an upcoming How to Shop at Walgreens post)
Total OOP: $8.59
Not a bad haul for just over $11.50, if I do say so myself!
How’d you make out this week? Feel free to claim your “bragging rights” in the comments section!