We’ve been talking a lot about how to save money on Pesach and of course, the most important thing you can do to spend less is to have a budget.
And to make it trackable.
If you’re not tracking your spending, a budget is mere theory.
One very easy way to track your spending is to put all your Pesach funds into a dedicated account like we do with our virtual grocery cash envelope at Capital One 360.
If you want to give it a go, I’ve got exciting news: Right now, you earn a $50 cashback bonus when you sign up for a Capital One 360 checking account.
That’s $50 more to spend for your Pesach budget.
Or a manicure for when you’re all done cleaning.
(Note: We have both the checking and savings – and love them equally. But the $50 bonus only applies to those that open a checking account.)
Besides getting $50 for free, here are some of the other things I love about my Capital One 360 account:
- You can choose to have overdraft protection – or not. We don’t have it. Since Capital One 360 doesn’t let you spend a penny past $0 without overdraft protection, we’ve found this to be the perfect way to insure that you (i.e. we) are not overspending.
- It’s totally free to have a Capital One 360 account and you don’t need to maintain a minimum balance.
- There are some 35,000 ATMs around the country that you can use for FREE with your Capital One 360 debit card.
- You can link your Capital One 360 checking account to your brick-and-mortar checking account, or you can establish it as your primary account.
- You can get free paper checks if you need/want them – although I like being paperless.
To qualify for your $50 bonus, you need to open a Capital One 360 Checking account and make a total of 3 purchases (either signature or PIN-based) using your Check Card or Person2Person Payments, or any combination of the two, within 45 days. On Day 50, you will get $50 deposited into your account.
Go here to Open a Capital One 360 Checking account.