Last month, I mentioned my love for Capital One 360. We keep all our sink funds in Capital One savings, and our virtual grocery cash envelope is in a Capital One 360 checking account.
If you have been thinking about opening an account at Capital One 360, I wanted to let you know that they are once again offering a $50 cashback bonus when you sign up for a Capital One 360 checking account.
(Note: We have both the checking and savings – and love them equally. But the $50 bonus only applies to those that open a checking account.)
Besides getting $50 for free, here are some of the other things I love about my Capital One 360 account:
- You can choose to have overdraft protection – or not. We don’t have it. Since Capital One 360 doesn’t let you spend a penny past $0 without overdraft protection, we’ve found this to be the perfect way to insure that you (i.e. we) are not overspending.
- It’s totally free to have a Capital One 360 account and you don’t need to maintain a minimum balance.
- There are some 35,000 ATMs around the country that you can use for FREE with your Capital One 360 debit card.
- You can link your Capital One 360 account to your brick-and-mortar checking account, or you can establish it as your primary account.
- You can get free paper checks if you need/want them – although I like being paperless.
To qualify for your $50 bonus, you need to open a Capital One 360 Checking account and make a total of 3 purchases (either signature or PIN-based) using your Check Card or Person2Person Payments, or any combination of the two, within 45 days. On Day 50, you will get $50 deposited into your account.
Go here to Open a Capital One 360 Checking account.