Update: This giveaway has ended and the winner has been notified. I will update with her name after I hear back from her!
Several weeks ago, I was contacted by the folks at Osem about hosting a giveaway here on KOAB. As many of you know, I lived for several years in Israel and I’m a little sentimentally loyal to any food product that comes out of Israel — especially when it’s got an Osem label on it.
Equally exciting for me was that Osem has been working with Alison Gutwaks from the gourmet kosher blog AliBabka to create some wonderful customized recipes using their Kosher for Passover products.
AliBabka’s recipes are quick and easy – yet look and taste anything but. They let you get that “wow” factor without spending hours in your kitchen.
Recipes like Incredible Bissli Chicken Bites (my kids would go nuts for these!), Pecantastic Matzah Farfel, and chocolate-dipped Kosher for Passover Biscotti. Perhaps the one I’m most excited about, though, is this Passover Osem Mushroom Quiche — because you guys know I’ve got soft-spot for a good vegetarian Passover dish!
Passover Mushroom Quiche with Osem Potato Pancake Mix
- 1 – 6 oz. Box of OSEM Potato Pancake Mix
- 3 Portabella Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Cup Milk
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 Cup Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 5 Large Eggs, whisked
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Make potato pancake mix according to directions on the package. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Spray a springform pan or pie dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the potato pancake mix along the bottom and sides of the dish, making sure to fill in all spaces.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
5. In a bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. Pour into the pie shell and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the top is bubbly, lightly golden brown and the the middle does not move.
6. Cool for 10 minutes and serve warm.
Would you like to win a big gift basket of Osem Kosher for Passover products worth $100, including:
- Osem Homestyle Potato Pancake Mix
- Osem Israeli Style Matzah Meal
- Osem Marble Cake
- Osem Chocolate & Coconut Cake
- Osem Orange-Flavored Chocolate Covered Matzah
- Osem Milk Chocolate Covered Matzah
- Osem Matzah
Here’s how to enter the Osem Passover giveaway:
1. Leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite Passover dish. For example, “I love matzah ball soup!” This comment is required to be entered to win this giveaway.
For two additional entries, you may do one, both or none of the following:
2. Like the Osem USA Facebook page, then come back and leave a separate comment on this post telling me that you have done so. If you already like them, just leave a comment to that effect.
3. Follow KOAB’s Passover Board on Pinterest, then come back and leave a separate comment on this post telling me that you have done so. If you already follow the Passover board, just leave a comment to that effect.
This giveaway is open only to residents of the United States who are 18 or older. Entries will be accepted until Sunday, April 6th at 11:59 p.m. CST. The winner will be selected randomly and notified by email immediately. He or she will have 48 hours to respond. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received compensation and complimentary products from Osem; Osem will also provide the winner of this contest with his or her prize package. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC regulations. And also because I want you to know.
My opinions are my own and were not influenced by any form of compensation. Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are in no way associated with this giveaway. By providing your information in this form, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information and will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the winner.