This is just a quick reminder that if you didn’t already do it last night, now is a great time to make yourself some notes for next year’s Pesach.
What recipes worked? Which ones flopped? Did you pack away any unopened food stuffs for next year?
Here are the notes I made for myself. I did them in Evernote, as I was packing up the tubs – and I’ll transfer this information to Google calendar later today. That way, a month before Pesach, a friendly reminder from myself will pop up just as I start stressing again about the holiday!
* 10 lbs of matzah in store room – We got it on clearance for $1/pound – a good price for us. My father-in-law told us, though, that he got it for $1 per FIVE pounds in New Jersey! JEALOUS! We have stored successfully matzah from one year to the next. Just make sure the boxes are sealed and stored in a dry and critter-free area.* stored in meat pots & pans tub:
- 3 boxes potato starch – Ditto the 50% off clearance. And my family has found that we prefer desserts made with potato starch over cake meal.
- 2 canisters of matzah meal
- cinnamon – 1/2 full (I just taped it up and stored it in a ziploc. It may lose a bit of potency, but it shouldn’t go “off”.)
- 2 sets of salt & pepper shakers (1/2 – 3/4 full)
- Gefen ground pepper
- Paprika pouch – full and unopened* Plagues – Have (don’t need to buy)
- darkness** Look for plastic “pantry” on sale this year** Look for sale on nice Elijah cup** Need washing cup and more Netilat Yadiyim hand towels for seder
** Don’t buy powdered sugar – make it from regular sugar in blender
Did you leave yourself Pesach notes?