Do you know about the Sefaria app? This seems like an amazing app from the iTunes store — and all this content is free!
Sefaria delivers 3,000 years of Jewish texts in Hebrew and English translation (Torah, Tanakh, Mishnah, Talmud, and more) to your iPhone or iPad.
Search by keyword or browse the table of contents to explore texts, translations, and commentaries. The entire library can fit on your phone (280MB) so you can learn while you’re offline.
Sefaria is a non-profit organization that creates open source software and publishes digital texts with open licenses.
The app currently features:
– Current readings for Parashat HaShavua and Daf Yomi.
– Offline access to the all texts and connections in Sefaria’s library.
– Over a dozen Torah commentaries: Rashi, Ibn Ezra, Ramban, Sforno, Abarbanel, Baal HaTurim, Chizkuni, Daat Zekenim, Haamek Davar, Ikar Siftei Hachamim, Kli Yakar, Or HaChaim, Penei Dovid, Radak, Rashbam, Sepher Torat Elohim, Shadal.
– Mishnah commentaries include Bartenura and Ikat Tosafot Yom Tov.
– Talmud Bavli commentaries include Rashi, Tosafot, Rashba and Rosh.
– Other genres include Midrash, Halakha, Kabbalah, Liturgy, Philosophy, Chasidut, Musar, Responsa, and more.
New texts are being added to the database all the time.
This app requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.