It occurred to me last night that (a) I am really burned out on cooking already and (b) I’m feeling like all we’ve been doing the last week is EATING.
So, I decided to revamp our menu plan to make things a little easier in the kitchen – and on my waistline. I just don’t need to prepare/serve/consume six HUGE meals over the next four days. Right?
Here’s how I’ve reworked our menu – keeping several things on from my previous menu plan, but also lightening the load, and swapping out a few side dishes.
- Red pepper soup with homemade croutons (double recipe for Monday afternoon)
- Lemon garlic kabobs (I prepped this and froze it last week, so all we have to do today is grill)
- Basmati Carrot & Raisin Rice
- Susie Fishbein’s Purple Cabbage Salad
- Cinnamon crumb cake and hot apple cider
- Out at friends, bringing two salads
- Ketzitzot with techina sauce (I’ll share the recipe if it turns out well)
- Left-over Basmatic carrot & raisin rice
- Marinated “pickled” vegetables
- Fruit salad
- Slow cooker honey sesame chicken
- Basmati rice
- Marinated vegetables (Moosewood recipe)
- Purple cabbage salad
- Honey cookies with hot apple cider
- Yogurts, hard boiled eggs, left-over fruit salad
Tuesday afternoon – my 7 yo’s birthday (oops – I didn’t realize the date when I originally made our plan, so now we have five families coming over post Simchat Torah dancing – for a late and very casual lunch)
- Bagels, lox & cream cheese
- Vegetable tray
- Fruit platter
- Egg salad
- Tuna salad
- Birthday cake and ice cream
Anyone else change up their menu plan last minute in lieu of lighter fare? I’m not the only feeling this way, am I???