If you have been reading KOAB for a while, you have no doubt noticed that when I post about deals at Amazon, I often recommend that you use Subscribe & Save to save an additional 15% (or 30% at the Baby Store with Amazon Mom). And then I remind you that you can cancel S&S once your order ships — with no penalty.
It seems too good to be true, doesn’t it?
Well, today I am going to break down the details of how Subscribe & Save at Amazon works. I know it can be confusing, so hopefully this will answer all your questions.
What is Subscribe & Save?
Subscribe and Save is Amazon’s subscription service, available for most items in its grocery and household goods stores. The idea is that you can automatically get the products your family uses most shipped to you every 1, 2, 3 or 6 months.
What are the benefits of signing up with Subscribe & Save?
If you regularly use certain products, Amazon lets you get them delivered automatically at the interval at which you will need them. We have our refrigerator filter on S&S, for example, so I don’t have to worry about remembering when to replace it.
There is also a financial benefit to using S&S: Amazon offers a 15% discount on all subscribed items – or 30% on Amazon Baby goods when purchased with an Amazon Mom account. Plus, you get FREE shipping on your Subscribe & Save order.
How do I sign up for Subscribe & Save?
1. Look for a blue subscribe & save box underneath the description of each item. This box indicates that the item is eligible for the 15% discount with Subscribe & Save (or 30% at the Amazon Baby store).
2. Alternatively, if you search for something on Amazon – for example, toilet paper – you will notice that each entry tells you before you even click on it whether a S&S option is available.
3. Below the normal button to buy the item is the Subscribe & Save button. Be sure to select the frequency for your subscription – 1, 2, 3 or 6 months. Then, click the Subscribe Now button.
4. If your credit card information isn’t already on file, you will need to enter it for all Subscribe & Save orders. Don’t worry, you can still pay with gift cards – in fact, Amazon will automatically deduct them first.
5. You will have a chance to review your order – here is where you will see your discounts applied.
Press the order button and that’s it – you will have placed your Subscribe & Save order!
How do you cancel your Subscribe & Save order?
Canceling your order is simple and there is no penalty. Yes, you can even “re-Subscribe & Save” and again benefit from the 15% discount. I’ve got 14 canceled subscriptions – including two for the same Size 3 Luvs Diapers!
My only suggestion is that you wait until you get an email from Amazon saying that your order has shipped before you cancel your subscription.
1. Go to Amazon.com and select Your Account – the link is in the top right corner, above your Cart.
2. Under the Options section, click on Manage Subscribe & Save Options. Then click “Cancel This Subscription”.
That’s it – you’ve now canceled your Subscription.
I know at first this can seem kind of complicated, but as soon as you’ve gone through the process, you will see that it’s really a quick and easy way to save as much as 30% off your Amazon.com order. I love the Subscribe & Save service – and hope you will come to love it, too!
Do you have other questions about Amazon Subscribe & Save? Have you taken advantage of the 15% or 30% savings + free shipping yet?