For the many KOAB readers who have asked about deals on water urns for Shabbat, I’ve been tracking the prices on a few of these for several weeks now.
Right now, you can get the West Bend 58002 12-42 Cup Automatic Party Perk Coffee Urn for $39.49, which is just $.10 higher than the lowest price over the last 12 months.
Shipping is free via either Amazon Prime or Super Saver Shipping.
The price on urns seems to be uncharacteristically low right now because usually I’m hard-pressed to find something this large (it has a maximum 42-cup capacity) for less than $45 – $50.
Plus, this one has really good reviews.
- Large-capacity coffee urn brews 12 to 42 cups at cup-a-minute speed
- Aluminum interior; 2-way dripless faucet for single-cup or continuous filling
- Cool-tip filter basket (no paper filter needed); water-level marking inside
- Stay-cool handles, base, lid, and filter basket; detachable cord
- Measures approximately 9 by 11 by 17 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Remember, Amazon pricing can change on a dime, so always confirm prices before you check-out.
P.S. I know lots of you are looking for a plata/blech – I’m looking, but haven’t found any post-worthy prices just yet.