I thought I’d start a new feature for Fridays called What I’ve Been Reading where I get to share some of my favorite recent blog posts from around the web. (I will admit that I mostly read frugal blogs, but every now and again I venture out of my comfort zone!)
Here’s what makes the list this week:
- Cooking with Preschoolers: Distraction or Interaction? @ Cooking Manager. I’m voting for distraction, but I know I should say interaction. This post might just help me get there.
- Stop the Summer Brain Drain @ My Coupon Teacher. Shelley is an elementary school teacher and shares her frugal tips for keeping your kids engaged in learning even during the summer. (I read these tips very guiltily, I’ll tell you that.)
- 5 Reasons to Say No – and Not Feel Bad @ Enough Time Moms, written by the kindest person I’ve ever NOT met in real life, Sara Hawkins of Saving for Someday. I need to print this post out and staple it to my forehead. And I bet I’m not the only one!
- Back to School Savings Tips by my dear friend Kelly at Kansas City Mamas. Thanks for reminding me about clothing. Ee gads, I had blocked that out!
- The Tzniut Project @ the Kvetching Editor. Chaviva has rounded up an impressive collection of now 23 personal biographies from women across the Jewish spectrum talking about their feelings on tzniut. It’s been a fascinating read for the wannabe sociologist in me.
- Saving Money on Prescription Drugs @ Cheapskate. Susie has guest posted on KOAB (here, here and here) and always has a wealth of information to share. Her post on prescription drugs is no exception. If you are struggling with the cost of prescription meds, this post is a must read!
Are you a blogger? Would you like me to link to a post on your blog? Send me an email and spam me with the link.
Have you read some amazing blog posts this week? Please share in the comments section.