Hanukkah is right around the corner. Get ready with your family by reading through some of these wonderful children’s Chanukah books. From board books to novels, I’ve got you covered.
This list features favorites from KOAB readers, as well as from my own children.
Top 20 Hanukkah Children’s Books
- Bright Baby “Touch and Feel” Hanukkah by Roger Priddy
- Where Is Baby’s Dreidel?: A Lift-the-Flap Book by Karen Katz
- Latke, the Lucky Dog (Hanukkah) by Ellen Fischer
- The Runaway Latkes by Leslie Kimmelman
- An Adventure in Latkaland: A Hanukkah Story by Karen Fisman
- Sammy Spider’s First Hanukkah by Sylvia Rouss
- The Night Before Chanukah, by
- Chanukah Lights Everywhere by Michael Rosen
- Farmer Kobi’s Hanukkah Match by Rabbi Ron Isaacs and Karen Rostoker-Gruber
- Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins by Eric Kimmel
- Hanukkah Bear by Eric Kimmel
- The Chanukkah Guestby Eric Kimmel
- When Mindy Saved Hanukkah by Eric Kimmel
- The Count’s Hanukkah Countdown (Shalom Sesame) by Tilda Balsley (Shalom Sesame)
- Mrs. Greenberg’s Messy Hanukkah by Linda Glaser
- How Do Dinosaurs Say Happy Chanukah?by Jane Yolen
- Like a Maccabee by Barbara Bietz
- Alexandra’s Scroll: The Story of the First Hanukkah by Miriam Chaikin
- The Magic Menorah: A Modern Chanukah Tale by Jane Breskin Zalben
- Oskar and the Eight Blessings by Tanya Simon and Richard Simon
If you are not yet signed up for PJ Library, many of the titles above were sent to my children as their free monthly book selection from that wonderful program.
What is your family’s favorite Chanukah book for kids? Let’s talk in the comments section below!