Amazon pricing can change on a dime and deals can and do sell out early. So please act accordingly and always confirm prices before you check-out.
It’s Black Friday Week (aka Black FriWEEK) at Amazon and today, they have one of their hottest deals available.
Save $15 off the highly rated (and personally recommended — by me and my son!) Kindle Fire HD Kids Edition. Regularly $99.99, you’ll pay just $85.99 today (11-22). Your choice of a pink or blue case is included.
Here are some of the features that come with your Kids Kindle:
- Up to $109 in savings on Fire, 1 year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited and a Kid-Proof Case (your choice of blue or pink), plus a 2-year worry-free guarantee
- Not a toy, a full-featured Fire tablet with a 7″ IPS display and front and rear cameras. Add a microSD card for up to 128 GB of additional storage.
- 2-year worry-free guarantee: if they break it, return it and we’ll replace it for free. No questions asked. **The guarantee alone is worth every penny!**
- Unlimited, free access to 10,000 kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games with 1 year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited included
- Best-in-class parental controls allow you to manage usage limits, content access, and educational goals
You may be wondering: What’s the difference between the Kids Edition & the regular Kindle Fire HD? And is it worth it to pay $50 more the Kids Edition?
I can tell you that my almost 10-year old got the Kids Edition for his birthday last year and he (and we) love it. I would definitely make the same choice again for the money — and here’s why:
- Best warranty ever — If your kiddo breaks his or her Kindle within the first two years, Amazon will replace it NO QUESTIONS ASKED. With a device for a child, you can’t beat this warranty — and honestly, with my not-exactly gentle children, that warranty is definitely worth it to me!
- 1 year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited – This hand-curated subscription comes with over 5,000 kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games. As a parent, you can also set Screen Limits, as well as daily limits on videos and games. (Let’s say you want them to have unlimited reading time, but not unlimited gaming time). I wrote about Kindle FreeTime a while ago – you can read my review.
- The kid-proof case — Although there’s that awesome 2-year warranty, a good case is always a necessity, especially with a device that a child will be using
Two-day shipping is free with your Amazon Prime account. If you’re not a member, you can get free 5-7 day shipping via Super Saver Shipping when you spend $35 or more.