How to Save With the New Target Subscribe & Save Program

How Target's New Subscription Program Helps You Save Money (& Whether It's Better, Worse or the Same as Amazon's Subscribe & Save Program

It looks like Target.com is trying to compete with Amazon, because they have rolled out a brand new Subscribe & Save program that is very similar to Amazon’s Subscribe & Save program. Here are all of the ins and outs of the program to help you take advantage of this new way to save at Target.com!

Pssst. It’s a great time to try out this new program! Right now, Target is offering 20% off your first Subscribe & Save order. Simply choose any item from this page, subscribe to it, and your 20% discount will automatically come off at checkout!

What is Target Subscribe & Save?

Target Subscribe & Save helps you save on thousands of everyday essentials by automating scheduled deliveries of the household and personal care products that you use on a regular basis.

You will save 5% with a subscription, plus an additional 5% when you use your Target REDcard, for a possible total of 10% off. (On the surface, Amazon’s 15% discount for five or more subscriptions definitely wins out — but it’s worth it to know your price points, because you may still do better on select products from Target.com.)

How do I sign up for Target Subscribe & Save?

If you want to order a subscription, sign in or create a Target.com account and then visit the Target Subscriptions page. Items that are eligible for subscription display a checkbox with “Subscribe for 5% off” above the add to cart button. You can choose to have your items delivered every 4-26 weeks, based on how often you need it. You won’t be charged for your subscription item until it ships to you.

Can you use online promos and coupon codes with Target Subscribe & Save?

Yes, online promos and coupon codes may be applied to your first order of a Subscribe & Save item. After that, the discount will no longer apply to subsequent orders of the same item.

How do I manage my Target Subscriptions?

Once you have placed a subscription order, you can manage it by logging into your Target.com account and going to “manage subscriptions” under “my account.” In these settings, you can change delivery dates, item quantity and size, address, and payment method. You can also skip deliveries when you need to.

How do I cancel my Target Subscriptions?

You can cancel your subscriptions at any time by logging into your Target.com account and going to “manage subscriptions” under “my account.” Note that promotional or discount pricing only applies to your first order of a subscription item. Pricing may change or go up on subsequent orders, so it’s very important to manage your subscriptions and keep track of which items you are receiving – and at what price point, just like with Amazon’s Subscribe & Save program. You can always cancel to avoid receiving an item you no longer want to have delivered to your home.

Can I return items bought through Subscribe & Save?

Yes, Target returns for Subscribe & Save Items work the same way all other returns do. You can return it via mail with a prepaid shipping label or at your local Target store.

Have you tried Target’s new Subscribe & Save program yet?

If you haven’t tried out the program, now is the right time! Target is offering 20% off your first Subscribe & Save order. Simply choose any item from this page, subscribe to it, and your 20% discount will automatically come off at checkout!

Text Alerts



Comments

comments

Comments

  1. Not so new…I have being using it for a good while now.
    Recently, I compared the Huggies diapers I needed on Target and Amazon. The price came out just about the same but Target was offering a $10 gift card with purchase of 2, so that tipped the scale. And this S&S also makes it cheaper to buy at target.com than buying in the Target store!

  2. Been using it for a while. I’m shocked you didn’t know about it. 🙂

    • Mara Strom says:

      Oh, I actually did. But since it’s relatively new and I posted about a subscription deal earlier this month, I realized that a lot of readers had questions. Rather than answer them all individually, I figured one big tutorial ala the Amazon Subscribe & Save program one was in order!

Leave a Comment

*