I can’t believe there are just two days left in 2012! Where did the year go?
It’s true what Erma Bombeck said – the days are long, but the years are short!
Anyway, I just hammered out my family’s menu plan for January 2013. At many of your requests, I have included breakfasts and lunches – breakfast is in blue and lunch is orange. Dinners are black, except where hyperlinked.
In an effort to re-jumpstart my weight loss (it’s winter and I’ve been stuck for the last five weeks without any weight loss), I have decided that I will drink a smoothie for breakfast and eat a salad for lunch every day in January (except for Shabbat).
I’ll eat dinner with my family – and do my best to keep my portion sizes under control. You will see that I have included options for my kids, if they don’t want to eat what I’m eating.
For those of you who are curious about monthly menu planning, I keep it manageable by doing two things:
- Repeating plans every other or every third week (no need to reinvent the wheel!)
- Using “themes” for each day of the week. Here are our themes for January:
- Sunday – Leftovers from Shabbat
- Monday – Italian (these are all freezer-friendly recipes, which I’ll be making today and tomorrow)
- Tuesday – Vegetarian Slow Cooker
- Wednesday – Fish / Steaming
- Thursday – Pizza Night
To download or print my January menu plan for yourself, just click HERE – it will open in a new window.
Or, if you want to plan your own menu, feel free to download this blank January menu planning calendar.
What’s going to be on your menu for January 2013?