I’ve seen RecycleBank talked about on the frugal blogs that I read for over a year now. But for some reason I just couldn’t get in to it. A recent promotion (below) finally changed my mind.
Here’s how it works: As best I can tell, RecycleBank is an eco-friendly rewards program, with tons of high value coupons on organic and natural products. In order to print one of these coupons (or claim another reward), you have to earn points, which accumulate in your RecycleBank account.
You can earn points for a number of things – from participating in a city-wide recycling program (not available in all cities yet) to taking online quizzes. You can even get 10 points for referring friends to Recycle Bank (yes, this is an affiliate link!).
Here’s what you do to get started:
- Sign into or sign up for your Recycle Bank account
- Confirm your subscription by clicking on the link that they email you
- Click on the Earn Points tab
- Scroll down to the RecycleBank TV box and click on “Saw Us On TV”
- Scroll down to the blue Earn Now button
- 50 points should appear in your account!
To see what rewards you can redeem your points for, just click on the “Get Rewards” tab to see what they have to offer. Right now, for example, you can get a $2 off any 1 Kashi product coupon for just 10 points! That’s a super high value coupon that will come in very handy this week at Whole Foods (stay tuned for a match-up later this week).