Looking for a new vegetarian recipe for the Nine Days? I love this Baked Roasted Veggie Pasta from the new Dairy Made Easy cookbook by Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek.
I’m a huge fan of roasted veggies – the caramelization makes them so sweet and flavorful.
If you avoid gluten, I’m sure you could substitute a gluten-free pasta in this recipe. And personally I’d even eat the roasted veggies with feta and basil happily on their own!
Baked Roasted Veggie Pasta
1 lb fusilli or penne pasta
2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
2 red onions, cut into wedges
1 zucchini, cut into half moons
1⁄4 cup olive oil
1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
• kosher salt, to taste
• coarse black pepper, to taste
6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1 Tbsp chopped fresh or frozen basil
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a 9 x 13-inch pan, combine cherry tomatoes, red onions, and zucchini. Toss with olive oil and garlic powder. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add pasta to vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat oven to broil and broil for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
5. Add feta cheese and basil; stir to combine (the heat will melt the cheese). Serve hot or at room temperature.
• You can add more veggies to the mix. We also love this pasta with red peppers instead of tomatoes.
• We made the pasta in this photo using broken lasagna sheets.
Recipes from Dairy Made Easy by Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek. Reprinted with permission from the copyright holders: ArtScroll/Mesorah Publications.