A huge THANK YOU to the wonderful and warm Detroit community for hosting me last night! I had so much fun!
I was blown away by the turn-out – over 75 women from across the community came out for this delightful event sponsored jointly by the Sisterhood of Shaarey Tzedek and Ezrat Nashim of Young Israel of Oak Park.
Funny story: I was chatting with one of the awesome organizers of this event, Lisa, and she kept talking about “ko-ab”. Finally I had to ask, “Are you talking about my blog?!” Turns out the Detroit community thinks of K.O.A.B. as ko-ab, where as in my head I just spell out the initials.
Even though that totally made me giggle, I was also really touched to know that Detroiters have their own identity for my blog! So tell me, are you a K.O.A.B. person or a ko-ab’er?
As promised, here is a list of resources – both on my blog and around the blogosphere – that can help you as you continue on your money-saving journey.
- The KOAB Coupon Database is your go-to resource for finding coupons to match-up with all your sales
- Here’s a tutorial about my no-clip coupon organization method – and a follow-up post about how to organize printables
- Read all about stockpiling to save money and give more generously (And by the way, if you want to read my rant about the Extreme Couponing version of stockpiling, here you go!)
- I make your shopping easy with my weekly kosher deal match-ups to Target, Whole Foods, CVS and Walgreens. If you are new to deal-shopping at the drug stores, please read my CVS Tutorial and Walgreens Tutorial to get you started.
- For those of you who asked me for it, our Get out of Debt story can be found here. And here’s a series of posts where I talk about the budgeting lessons that I’ve learned along the way (this is an ongoing series, often inspired by reader email.)
- To make all your grocery sale shopping easier, check out the local Detroit frugal blogger Bargains to Bounty who shares deal match-ups for stores like Meijer and Kroger.
Finally, please don’t forget to stay in touch!
- I hope you will “like” the KOAB Facebook page (Lisa, that includes you ;-)). Not only do I update with all the newest money-saving posts, but we also like to gab about how to make pita, what to make for Shabbat dinner and more!
- Please also subscribe to Kosher on a Budget – I send out a free daily email newsletter so you always know about the latest deals.
- If you’re on Twitter, I’d love to tweet with ya! Here’s where to find Kosher on a Budget at Twitter.
And last but not least – you can always reach me by email if you have questions, comments or just want to chat!